Self Guided Walking Breaks in the UK
Explore our Self Guided UK Walking Breaks
Our self guided walking holidays in Britain and Europe are all set in unspoilt areas of outstanding natural beauty.
If you enjoy the freedom of exploring at your own pace with a partner, friend your family or small group of friends, our independent self guided walking breaks give you the flexibility to choose your own dates, set off each day at a time to suit you and digest the background commentaries that highlight features of interest. You’ll be able to stop whenever you like and visit the places that most interest you and your itinerary will be tailored to your own unique requirements.
Our carefully-crafted route notes, personally written by us, will guide you along the most scenic paths to ensure you don’t lose your way. You won’t just follow crowded national trails, follow a guide book or have to puzzle over translations. And you don’t have to be able to read a map, as we provide accurate and regularly-updated directions although a marked-up map is always included.
You’ll stay at character inns, hand-picked hotels and quality guesthouses – many with award-winning food. Wherever possible we provide you with a choice of accommodation.
Our UK self-guided walking breaks offer car-free options which include transfers from railway stations and taxis during your stay. So if you prefer to be car-free you can still enjoy an independent walking holiday.
Included in your self-guided walking holidays:
- quality en-suite accommodation with good breakfasts
- recommended restaurants
- itinerary tailored to your unique requirements
- detailed route directions in an easy-to-handle A5 format
- a proper large-scale detailed map fully marked up (not necessary but included for people who enjoy map reading)
- a waterproof map case to protect the map
- uniquely comprehensive and valuable information and commentaries on the area, including culture and customs, art, literature and history, flora and fauna of the landscape
- a nature guide to help you identify flowers, trees and other species (Britain only)
- useful tips and checklists
- recommended places for lunch and dinner
- details of places of interest to visit en route
- travel directions