Self guided walking on the best of Hadrian’s Wall
On this holiday walking the highlights of Hadrian’s Wall, discover some of Britain’s wildest and most stunning landscapes. Marvel at the achievements of the Romans as you progress along the route, learning something of the history of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Delight in this fascinating journey through centuries of history along the most scenic, best preserved and most interesting sections of Hadrian’s Wall. Along the way you will discover forts, milecastles and turrets of Europe’s largest surviving Roman monument and one of Britain’s iconic landmarks.
- staying in Haltwhistle for a more relaxing holiday without having to unpack and pack up and rush off every day
- exploring the most scenic and interesting sections of Hadrian’s Wall, the best-known frontier in the Roman Empire
- expertly-crafted, contrasting routes, personally researched and written by the company’s founder
- each day discover forts, milecastles and turrets as well as world-famous museums such as Vindolanda
- short printed commentaries to keep you informed of the many historical gems you will pass on your way