Self-Guided Walking in the Surrey Hills from Guildford
Stunning landscapes & villages on London’s doorstep
No of Nights: 1-3
Stay: Hotel or B&B
Grade: Easy to Moderate
Why not combine with 2 or 3 nights walking from nearby Dorking for more walking.
When walking in the Surrey Hills from Guildford you'll discover not only varied, beautiful countryside but many features of interest. There are high chalk ridges with breathtaking views to the skyline of London in one direction and to the English Channel in the other. Historic villages tucked in the folds of the downs abound, each with its own old inn. There's easy walking too, along the towpath of the Wey & Godalming Navigation with its locks, boats and bridges. The routes are punctuated with ancient churches, flower meadows as well as an art gallery, a Norman castle. Tread in the footsteps of pilgrims along these hills and valleys, still relatively unknown and yet enjoying the status of an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty'.
A few days of self-guided walking in the Surrey Hills, following our carefully-crafted routes, will provide you with fresh air and exercise, tranquility and beauty. You'll return home refreshed, relaxed and restored.
- Two to three days of scenic walking in and around the county town of Guildford, noted for its cobbled high street and medieval castle
- Expertly-crafted self-guided walks in some of the South of England’s most beautiful countryside, providing a variety of scenery.
- Accurate and easy to follow route note, so you can be sure you will not have problems finding your way!
- Routes through beautiful scenery, accompanied by printed commentaries highlighting features of special interest (it's like having your own personal guide)
- Freedom to walk at your own pace, linger over lunch, admire a flower, take a photograph
- Country pubs for lunch