Self guided walking in the Chiltern Hills on London’s Doorstep
Two days exploring the beautiful Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, one of the finest landscapes in the country. The Chiltern Hills provide wonderful walking at any time of year with carpets of wild flowers in season and magnificent colours in autumn. Gently rolling hills are swathed in magnificent beech woodlands and chalk downland and provide a haven for wildlife including the spectacular red kite. In the valleys charming villages with traditional brick and flint cottages nestle around medieval churches.
- varied, relaxed and expertly-crafted self-guided walks in one of England’s most loved areas of outstanding natural beauty
- easily access from London
- paths into history with ancient Roman ways and ancient burial mounds
- spectacular views throughout, as far as the Cotswolds on a clear day
- quintessentially English villages with good traditional inns for lunch