Self Guided Walking on the coast & hills of West Sussex
Two days of wonderfully contrasting walks around picturesque Chichester Harbour and the stunning West Sussex South Downs near Goodwood. Highlights include a ferry ride to picturesque Bosham with its ancient church and a walk through one of Europe’s most ancient yew glades with trees over 2000 years old. Choose to stay either in an excellent hotel or highly-rated guesthouse in the heart of the city of Chichester with its ancient cathedral, fascinating passageways and fine restaurants. Chichester is easily accessed by train from central London.
- varied, relaxed and carefully-crafted self-guided walks in some of England’s finest countryside surrounding the ancient city of Chichester
- a tour of the city with our comprehensive guide
- plenty of places to visit including Fishbourne Roman Villa, Slindon’s village of medieval buildings and numerous museums and places of interest in Chichester
- good country pubs for lunch on both days, a highlight of your days out!
- detailed background commentaries highlighting features of special interest to provide an insight into the culture, history and habitats of the area