Self guided walking on Wiltshire’s ancient Marlborough Downs
On the Marlborough Downs discover the mystery and magic of ancient monuments and forgotten chalk hills in the heart of Wiltshire. Walk accompanied by the song of the skylark, enjoying the curves of the scarps, ridges and valleys where wave-like hills sweep towards the horizon. Few people visit this great ancient green plateau and you will wonder why as its sheer beauty captivates you. Walking here in Wiltshire you will understand why more than half the county is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- expertly-crafted and meticulously-researched walks in the heart of the Marlborough Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- ancient rolling downland with chalk hill figures and Saxon settlements in hidden vales
- Avebury, a World Heritage Site renowned for its prehistoric landscapes
- walking amongst the most famous megaliths in the world, even older than Stonehenge and far less crowded
- visiting the National Trust village, home to museums, a manor house and delicious cream teas!