Self guided walking holiday in Majorca in the unspoilt northwest of the island
The central Tramuntana is a walker’s paradise in the northwest of Majorca, where the island is at it scenic best, far away from the crowded coastal resorts. Staying in a delightful hotel in Sóller, you will discover Majorca’s rural character as you follow scenic routes through picturesque landscapes, the air heavy with the scent of wild thyme and rosemary. Sóller is easily accessible from Palma, 45 minutes by road or rail.
- dramatic mountain landscapes and stunning coastal scenery
- unspoilt, picturesque honey-coloured villages such as Deia, Fornalux and Valldemossa with its famous monastery
- a ride on the old wooden train to Palma for a day in the island’s capital
- boat trip from the beach at Cala de Tuent
- walking through olive and citrus groves and sampling refreshing freshly-squeezed juices at farmhouses on the way