No of Nights: 1-3 Stay: Hotel or B&B Grade: Moderate Why not combine with 2 or 3 nights walking from nearby Guildford for more walking.
The Surrey Hills near Dorking
Stunning landscapes & villages on London’s doorstep
No of Nights: 1-3
Stay: Hotel or B&B
Why not combine with 2 or 3 nights walking from nearby Guildford for more walking.
Walking in the Surrey Hills from Dorking you will discover many hidden treasures of South-East England. These hills are relatively unknown and yet enjoy the status of an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty'. They are also very accessible, being only 45 minutes from London. The Surrey Hills offer many spectacular views; from Leith Hill you can see the London skyline to the North and the sea to the South. Then there's Box Hill, part of the great ridge of the North Downs, beloved by Keats, Jane Austen and George Meredith. In the Surrey Hills you’ll discover one of England's finest landscapes with spectacular scenery, picturesque villages and glorious rolling countryside.
A few days of self-guided walking in the Surrey Hills, following our carefully-crafted routes, will provide you with fresh air and exercise, tranquility and beauty. You'll return home refreshed, relaxed and restored.
- Two days of scenic walking in and around the market town of Dorking, noted for its antique shops
- Expertly-crafted self-guided walks in some of England’s most beautiful and most accessible countryside
- Peace of mind knowing that routes are accurate and easy to follow, so you can be sure you will not have problems finding your way!
- Routes through beautiful scenery, accompanied by printed commentaries highlighting features of special interest (it's like having your own personal guide)
- Freedom to walk at your own pace, lingering over lunch, admiring a flower
- A choice of accommodation
- Country pubs for lunch