Self-guided walking holiday on Hadrian’s Wall
A few days walking the highlights of Hadrian’s Wall, a World Heritage Site. It’s set in superbly wild countryside. This holiday has great appeal, not only for its scenic beauty but for its extraordinary historical interest. The route is interspersed with the renowned remains of Roman forts, milecastles, turrets and museums along the way.
- walking the most scenic and memorable sections of Hadrian’s Wall, the best-known frontier in the Roman Empire
- visiting Vindolanda, a world-class archaeological site with an outstanding museum
- visiting Birdoswald and Housesteads Roman Forts
- passing en route a 12th century priory, a medieval castle, Roman forts and pretty villages
- a contrasting walk on the Pennine Way with lakes and a nature reserve